The Department of Architectural Engineering, Penn State Engineering Alumni Society (PSEAS) and the Penn State Alumni Society of Architectural Engineers (ASAE) sponsor numerous initiatives throughout the year and we encourage alumni to volunteer to make these events and programs successful.
- Student Mentoring: Volunteer to be paired as an alumni mentor to an undergraduate student through ASAE.
- Senior Thesis: Volunteer use of company projects, mentor a student as an industry consultant, and/or serve on the senior thesis jury.
- Classroom Engagement: Volunteer your time as a guest speaker.
- PSEAS Faculty/Staff Awards: Help PSEAS in the annual selection process to recognize outstanding teachers, advisers, researchers, and support staff in the College of Engineering.
- Penn State Regional Rube Goldberg Machine Contest: Held in February, this annual "Olympics of Complexity" challenges students to move beyond traditional problem solving. Alumni volunteers are needed to help with judging, timekeeping, program distribution, and other tasks.